Monday, April 27, 2009

Tigerland, baby. . . Home of Champions!

I told Austin I felt like I was photographing a celebrity when I met him and his mom and dad at Katy High School this past weekend. I mean, he's played on a high school team that has won 2 state championships in a row! That's no small feat. In fact, it's downright AMAZING! Katy High School is THE premiere high school football program in the great state of Texas. Being the down-to-earth guy he is (and his parents are, too), they all laughed hysterically when I said that. But you know what? That's what makes him GREAT. He's soooo laid back, cool, collected. I can just see him on the field during the state championship game. He probably wasn't nervous. Or maybe he channeled that energy into focusing on the game. He's an offensive lineman, so maybe he gave one of his fierce looks (yes, he does have a few. Trust me. I captured them on camera!) through his face mask and scared the daylights out of his opponent. That I wouldn't doubt! Or maybe he smirked at the guy he faced on the other side of the scrimmage line and then bulldozed him. Or maybe I have no idea what he did, but I do know that he is darn good at what he does, and so is the rest of his team and coaches.
But what really makes Austin special is his likability factor. He's got a great sense of humor! When I would pose him and ask him if he understood what I was trying to get him to do, he would answer, "Si." He never complained, followed instructions, and was sooo polite, answering "yes, ma'am."
Austin plans to play football for Angelo State next year and study International Studies. He's got it all: athleticism, personality, good looks, and TWO state championships under his belt as well as two state championship rings on his fingers (can you see them in the pics? They're the two bling blings on his hands). It doesn't get much better than that, Austin! Congratulations to you and best of luck in San Angelo!!














1 comment:

Lindley said...

your work is amazing! i never knew you had such a talent? thank you for linking to me :) i'm putting you on my blog roll..and thank you for your purchase! when did you make it? i must not have recognized your married name when the order came through. congratulations on such success in the creative world. i told all of the girls about your comments on my blog over the weekend at a shower for rachael. we all think so highly of you..xo