Monday, April 20, 2009

Charming Tayler

I must admit--I get a little nervous when I have a session with a guy. I worry he is dreading the shoot, wishing he were somewhere else, angry at Mom for setting it up. I was dead wrong with this one. Tayler was so incredibly cool. Yes, he's definitely cute, but that will only get you so far. He's FUN (or at least he acted like he was having fun. Maybe he was just trying to be nice to me?) Well, even if he was pretending to have fun, he's polite and that is a HUGE asset. So, back to Tayler. He's a Sealy Tiger! That's not just a high school football player. He's a SEALY TIGER, people. You know, Sealy Tigers, the TX high school team that has won about a zillion state championships? Anyway, they are icons in the TX high school football arena. And did I mention how much I love photographing athletes? There's something about them--other than confidence and poise, they are usually good at taking direction which is key in a photo shoot. Take Tayler, for example. He's very photogenic. Obviously:


He knew how to pose with little direction from me! This one is PERFECT:




And another natural pose by Tayler. Isn't he handsome?? Seriously. He also chose some of the locations where we photographed. He had a great eye for settings!


Tayler was a receiver for the Tigers this year. He's also a basketball player. Oh, and he's going to Sam Houston State University and wants to study accounting--so, he's smart, too!


All I have to say is WOW. What a pleasure it was to photograph you, Tayler. Thanks for
being so cooperative and enthusiastic! Good luck at Sam Houston State!





No comments: