Thursday, May 21, 2009

Beauty AND Brains

I loved it when Shannon emailed me and said, "I'm not so good with the serious faces" referring to some of my senior pics where the subjects have a serious expression. Ummm. . . Shannon, I hate to break it to ya, but you ARE good with the serious faces!! I have proof. Right. Here:
Now, back to my observations of today's session (Yes, today's!! I'm leaving town for Memorial weekend, and I can't bear to make Shannon wait to see some of these gorgeous pics until Monday!) So, Shannon is the kind of girl who makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside. She met me wearing this fantastic green dress and a dazzling smile. I absolutely LOVE photographing seniors who are excited about their photo session! Shannon brought the perfect wardrobe--lots of color, jeans, dresses. Oh, and she brought her lovely personality. It doesn't get much better than that!
Shannon, a Katy High School senior, has been accepted into the veterinarian program at Texas A&M University, thus, my blog title: Beauty and Brains. This program is extremely prestigious! I've heard from many people that it is very, very difficult to get in, even with good grades. I know her mom and dad are so proud of her!
This is one of my favorites (among many):

My veterinarian saved my dog's life in January. He had to have major surgery. She spent 3 hours working on him, and I'm happy to say he's made a full recovery and is like a new dog! I am still in awe that she was able to save him. Shannon, you will touch many people's lives as a veterinarian. It was my pleasure to photograph you at such a special time in your life! Best of luck to you!

No comments: