Friday, May 29, 2009

Back to My Roots

I started out photographing children. This family was one of my first clients. I photographed their beautiful little boys--Will and Sam--when Will was about 2 1/2 and Sam was 4 months old. Now, Will is 6 1/2 and Sam is almost 4! Unbelievable! So, needless to say, when mom Maureen called me to photograph baby Alice, I was very honored to do so. It is uncanny how much she looks like her brothers. I even included some pics of Sam when he was her age, just to show how similar they look!

Watching Alice was like traveling back 4 1/2 years ago when my older daughter was a baby. Alice loves the pacifier, and so did my daughter. I loved listening to her make cooing sounds as she sucked on the paci to calm down. Strange how little things like that bring back huge memories. Alice made me very nostalgic for the days when I was in awe of this little person I brought into the world. Maureen was right when she said she wanted to capture Alice at this age because it is so fleeting.




Here's Alice's brother Sam when he was almost exactly her age. See what I mean about the resemblance:


This was my favorite pic of Sam. He's still a cutie pie with curly blonde hair. I'm hoping Maureen will let me photograph him and big brother Will soon (hint, hint):

No comments: