Thursday, September 17, 2009

Giving

My sweet friend Robyn is one of the founders of an organization called Girls Run located in The Woodlands. Their motto is "I Am One Young Voice, But I Can Change The World." The group's mission is "to empower girls to be leaders in their community, fundraise for local and national cancer initiatives all while developing and instilling an enthusiasm for fitness and running."

I've always known Robyn as a huge supporter of the fight against cancer. She is one of those people who gives. A lot. I would be willing to bet she is also a very content person. In my latest Professional Photographers of America newsletter, this was the lead-in sentence: When you give from the heart, you get back more than you expect. Along with many other resolutions for the up-coming months (I don't wait until the new year to make them!), one of my goals is to give more; however, I'm not expecting to get back anything other than the satisfaction that I helped someone else in a small or big way.

So, I did donate a gift certificate to the Girls Run fundraising auction this weekend (thank you for telling me about it, Robyn!)

If you're interested in learning more about Girls Run, visit the website: www.girlsrun.net.

No comments: