Friday, June 12, 2009

Come Together

I'm off to Mexico tomorrow morning for a family vacation, but I didn't want to leave without posting sneak peeks from two of my sessions last week. This one is the Richardson/Haack family. They came together to celebrate Katy HS senior Matte's graduation. I had the pleasure of photographing Matte last summer! She's an outstanding athlete (going to play softball for Kansas!) and a really beautiful young lady. Leslie, her mom, was definitely the coordinator of this event. When I arrived, she had it all planned with a written list of who was to be in which picture. It was a relief for me because there was absolutely no chaos at all. Everyone was calm and did exactly what she said. . . would this have anything to do with her being a principal??

I also must mention that Leslie and Matte have helped me tremendously with my high school senior photography business in Katy. Thank you very, very much! Here are just a few of my favorite photos:

All of the kids in this family are not only adorable but so well-behaved! I couldn't believe how cute and sweet they were while waiting for their pics to be taken. I started out photographing babies and children, so I automatically try to get shots of them!
This is Leslie's family:

I especially like this pic because it's Leslie, her two sisters, Leann and Laura (I apologize in advance if I spelled names wrong), and mother. Very sweet:


And this one is so pretty of the three sisters:
I love this one of Leslie's mother-in-law and John, her grandson (I hope I got that right!):

After the family session, Leslie asked me to take a few pics of Matte in a field near the Katy water tower. Matte had a couple of gorgeous dresses, her Kansas shirt, and graduation gown that she wanted to wear. This pic of Leslie and Matte makes me think of my own daughters and how fast they will grow up and become lovely young ladies. Sigh. I just love this pic:



Matte looking fantastic in blue:

Thanks, Haacks! I promise to have the gallery ready when I return from Mexico later next week!

No comments: